Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Auction time . . .

Several months ago, Todd and several other family and friends decided to hold an auction. It was all farm equipment, tractors, trucks, tools, storage buildings, and a whole ton of other misc items (but nothing for the ladies). I thought I'd post a few pictures of the sale.









This Amish man (a long time family friend) was riding around with a 'for sale' sign on his horse. Unfortunately, I don't think he was successful in selling that day.





I was involved with planning and working a consession stand for the day. It sure brought back memories of all those fund raisers from my high school and college days. We sold hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, soda, water, coffee, etc. It was lots of fun - thanks Paula for all your help!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed sitting on the sidelines. I've always liked going to auctions. We'll have to go to one sometime where they have some things for us. You all did a great job at the concession stand and ran it like pros.

Anonymous said...

I ended up having fun too:) Brought back memories of working at Green Valley store, which I miss.
Paula